Let's go over all of the questions concerning polyurea and polyaspartic floor coatings to fully understand why these products are dominating the coatings industry.
What Is Polyurea And Polyaspartic? Polyurea is technically a subgroup of polyurethane. It’s formed when an isocyanate reacts with water or a polyetheramine to create a urea linkage. Polyurea is a 2-part component that mixes a resin with a catalyst to create a curing reaction responsible for hardening the material.
Polyurea has an elongation rate that exceeds 300% making it far more flexible than epoxy. For this reason, it’s an ideal property for industrial pipe coatings, spray-on bed liners and fillers for joints. Due to it’s extremely fast cure rate, most polyureas require a professional installation involving specialized equipment.
A polyaspartic is a type of aliphatic polyurea. A polyaspartic conquers the challenges met with the extremely fast cure time by extending the pot life of the product by allowing a longer pot-life, therefore extending the application time. A professional installer will have only 10-120 minutes to properly install the polyurea before it’s beginning to set or even fully cure.
Benefits Of A Polyaspartic Coating Now that we’ve discussed WHAT a polyaspartic and polyurea is, let's cover what it means to YOU.
The two biggest advantages of Incredible Concrete Coatings:
- One Day Install: Because of the fast cure rate of polyurea and polyaspartic floor coatings, a complete coating system can be installed in as little as one day, meaning you can return to using the space the NEXT day. Epoxy usually takes a minimum of 3-5 days for installation/ cure times. For YOU this means less time out of your space and less headache of where to put your belongings during installation.
- Anytime of Year Install: Polyaspartic coatings can be applied in a wide range of temperatures from below freezing to high heat, compared to epoxy coatings which are restricted to applications in more “suitable” climates. One of the many advantages of polyaspartic coatings is that YOU won’t have to wait until spring or fall to have your floor coated.
Other benefits of Incredible Concrete Coatings:
- 100% U.V. stable – they won’t yellow like epoxy
- Crystal clear finish that won’t blush from moisture residing in the concrete
- High abrasion and scratch resistance
- Extremely high tolerance to heat, no issues with hot tire pickup, unlike epoxy
- High chemical resistance and stain resistance
- Great flexibility for high impact resistance
- Won’t chip peel or flake like epoxy
- Anti-microbial and anti-bacterial
- Easy to clean
Have questions? We are here to help. Contact us for a free estimate.